How do I correct a form before it is submitted to the IRS and/or SSA?

You can change information entered into a form after you have checked out and paid for the service, and prior to us e-filing to the IRS/SSA for $1.95.  If your form is eligible for editing, you will see an “Edit Data” link in the “Correct Errors” column on the “Filed Forms” page. 

If it shows Temporarily Unavailable that means the form has been e-filed to the IRS but has not yet been accepted. You will be able to file a correction form once the IRS accepts the original filing.

Note:  ACA forms 1095-B, 1095-C and 1094-C are not eligible for editing once you have checked out and paid for the forms.

All you need to do is click the "Edit Data" link next to the form available to make changes, make all necessary changes and re-submit your form for e-filing.  If the form you need to make changes on has already been e-filed you will then need to proceed with filing a correction form.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 3 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.