Can I correct data in a form that has already been printed and mailed?

If you accidentally submitted a form that reported wrong dollar amounts, and the IRS has accepted the file, you can file a separate correction form to correct the IRS records.  You can file a correction form on our site by selecting “File a Correction” from the “Filed Forms” tab on the top navigation.  Correction forms are $7.95 each (available for 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-S, 1099-DIV, 1098 and W-2).

If you submitted a form that should not have been filed, or you need to fix payer or recipient information, contact the IRS directly at (866) 455-7438 or refer to the IRS Guidelines for more information.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.