How to Correct 1099s Forms Already Submitted to the IRS

If you accidentally submitted a form that reported wrong dollar amounts, and the IRS has accepted the file, you can file a separate correction form to correct the IRS records.  You can file a correction form on our site by selecting “File a Correction” from the “File Forms” tab on the top navigation.  Correction forms are $7.95 each (available for 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-S, 1099-DIV, 1098 and W-2).

If you submitted a form that should not have been filed, need to fix payer or recipient information, or need to file a correction form for a form other than the ones available on our site (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-S, 1099-DIV, 1098 and W-2) contact the IRS directly at (866) 455-7438 or refer to the IRS Guidelines for more information.


Was this article helpful?
3 out of 5 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.