Note: All screenshots provided in the instructions are from test accounts created for this purpose
Log in to your account. Enter your email address and password and click the Log In button.
You will be brought to your Dashboard. At the top right corner you should see Welcome (your name). You are securely logged in.
There are two ways to navigate to the Upload Center from the Dashboard.
1. You can click Filing Center on the navigation bar and then Upload Forms.
2. The Easy Import box provides various icons which can be selected for your preferred method of uploading your data, including the Excel Template and QuickBooks.
If you have a prior year version installed, you will need to uninstall it before continuing with the installation. To uninstall, follow these steps:
1. In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Edit -> Preferences->Integrated Applications->Company Preferences.
2. Select 1099 Misc - Excel Upload and remove it.
3. On your PC, go to control panel -> Programs and Features, find 1099 Misc - Excel and uninstall it.
NOTE: to perform this step, you will need to have admin privileges on your PC.
4. Proceed with the installation of the plug-in for the current year.
Click the Download Plug-In to install and run the QuickBooks Export App plugin:
1. Unzip Setup.zip file to a folder on your computer.
2. In the folder where you unzipped the archive, run the Setup.exe file.
3. Close QuickBooks if it’s open.
4. For Windows Vista & Windows 7 installation, you will need to right click on the Setup.exe file and choose “Run as Administrator.”
5. Follow the screen instructions to complete the installation.
Go through the setup process and click Next
The program will install
The plugin will now be installed and once complete the Next button will become Active and click Next.
Click Finish once the installation is complete.
After the installation, open QuickBooks.
For Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 installation, Open QuickBooks by right-clicking on the file icon and selecting “Run as administrator”
Allow access of the application to the QuickBooks file, even if QuickBooks is not running.
Check to allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information.
In the future, you don’t need to open QuickBooks as administrator
Running the plugin:
Go to Vendors>Print/E-File 1099s>1099 Wizard
Click the Get Started button.
Select the 1099 vendors you want to export and click the Continue button.
Confirm the 1099 vendor information and click the Continue button.
Map vendor payment accounts to the appropriate 1099-MISC box and click the Continue button.
Review payments for exclusions and click the Continue button.
Confirm amounts are mapped correctly and click the Save & Close button.
To run the import, go to QuickBooks main menu > Company > 1099 Misc – Excel Upload > Upload 1099 Data.
Select payment year 2019 and continue.
The export process will start and you will see a dialog progress window that shows the current export status.
The plugin will open the exported Excel file right after the process is complete. Save this to a location on your computer to import into the e-file site.
Once the export file is saved on your computer, go back to the efile site and go to Filing Center > Upload Forms in select the file in Step 2. Then click the Import Data button.
If there are any errors in your data, they will be identified during the import process. Edit the forms to fix the data or if there are many of the same errors, click the Discard and Upload New File button, fix the errors in your Excel file then upload the file again.
Once forms have been imported successfully, you will see the Forms in Progress page. To complete the checkout process, select your forms then select a filing option from the drop-down menu below the grid.