How to correct an Error if You Filed the Original Form with Us

If you discover an error on a form after submitting it via our website, here are the various scenarios for making corrections:

Scenario 1: You discover the error after we have e-filed the form AND it is:

  • A “Type 1” error (dollar amount) on a W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-K, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1098, or 1098-T form.
  • Any error on a 1094-C, 1095-B or 1095-C (ACA) form.

In this case, you can file a correction by following these steps:

  1. Log in and click on “Filed Forms” in the Dashboard. This will bring you to the “Filed Forms” page.
  2. Find the form and click on the “File Correction” link to the far right. (Please note: If the link does not show,” you will need to wait until the form is accepted by the IRS.)
  3. Make the correction.
  4. Resubmit the form with payment.

We will e-file the correction with the IRS and also print and mail a corrected form to your recipient.

Scenario 2: You discover the error after we have e-filed the form but it does not meet the criteria under Scenario 2.

In this case, you will need to contact the IRS at (866) 455-7438 or go to for more information on how to file a correction directly with the IRS.

Was this article helpful?
4 out of 15 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.